Bring lenses into the style conversation – Ten Tips for Recommending Transitions® lenses
Need some tips for recommending Transitions® lenses as a fashion-forward lens option? We’ve got you covered with these ten quick tips.
- Present the lens options. To determine which Transitions lens is right for your patients, ask questions about lifestyle and personal style: Do you spend a lot of time out and about? Do you want a timeless look, or something bold?
- Choose your color. Sixty-three percent of eyeglass wearers expect their glasses to give them a unique look1. Help them stand out by recommending a look that’s bold and vibrant such as Transitions Signature lenses style colors or Transitions XTRActive style mirrors.
- Pair with your favorite frame. Consider frame styles and textures to make a statement or stay on-trend. Did you know that Transitions lenses fit to nearly every frame?
- Mix and match. Help your patients elevate their eyewear by consulting the Transitions Style Collection Guide. From a monochromatic look to contrasting combination, help patients create the best lens and frame pairings.
- See it in action. Fifty-six percent of Millennial eyeglass wearers are interested in trying Transitions lenses2. Allow patients to experience the photochromic technology first-hand by demonstrating Transitions lenses in both their activated and un-activated states.
- Recommend to kids. Nine out of ten kids prefer Transitions lenses to regular, clear lenses3. Available in multiple colors, the style colors and style mirrors offer kids a myriad of options to express their personal style.
- Bring up fadeback. Thanks to Chromea7™ technology, Transitions Signature lenses are more responsive than ever before and have the fastest fadeback speed of all the Transitions lenses available.
- Be a role model. Live out the style message in your practice by fitting staff with a pair of Transitions lenses and wearing Transitions lenses in the exam room.
- Create two looks. Transitions lenses automatically adapt to changing light conditions, intelligently adapting from clear to dark when you go outdoors and back to clear when you return inside.
- Combine fashion and function. Transitions lenses are an everyday eyecare solution, blocking 100% of UV rays and helping to protect against harmful blue light indoors and outdoors.
Read more monthly tips from Transitions:
Transitions XTRActive February 2019 Tips
1 Source: Transitions Global Consumer Segmentation Study (Synovate; 2011)
2 Online survey conducted by the Center for Generational Kinetics on behalf of Transitions Optical in January 2018 among 1,263 nationally representative U.S. adults, ages 22-65,categorized as heavy eyeglass wearers, non-heavy eyeglass wearers and eyeglass non-wearers. For the purposes of this survey, Millennials are defined as those born between 1977-1995, Gex X as 1965-1976, and Boomers as 1946-1964.
3 Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics, May 2008. Romeu ML 2003
Transitions, Transitions Signature and Transitions XTRActive are registered trademarks and Chromea7 is a trademark of Transitions Optical, Inc. used under license by Transitions Optical Limited. ©2019 Transitions Optical Ltd. Photochromic performance is influenced by temperature, UV exposure and lens material.