BLOGS are a great source of entertainment and education. Additionally, blogs can be a great tool for your business as a way to share your expertise, drive additional traffic to your Web site, connect with potential customers, and engage with existing customers. Have you considered starting a blog for your business? Here are five reasons why you should:
- It’s cheap and easy. Blog- generating services like WordPress, Tumblr, and Blogger are inexpensive and simple for the average person to operate. You can use templates to make your blog look and feel professional and organized. Once you’ve got your template set, simply share your thoughts, link to resources, and publish, all at the push of a few buttons.
- It helps with SEO. Blog-gen- erating services automatically format blogs so that search engines can pick up on words and phrases making your blog more searchable. This will give your business blog the ability to appear much higher in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) rankings than your static Web site. This is important because many potential customers turn to search engines like Google before anything else when looking for a service.
- It keeps content fresh. For many businesses updating their company Web site requires Web developers/designers which requires time and money, especially if outsourced. Your Web site is where you keep the most important information on your products and services. You have a little more freedom on your blog.
- You can showcase your expertise. Blogs provide your small business with a chance to share your expertise and knowledge with a larger audience, which is a powerful benefit for businesses serving niche markets.
- People love to share. Create unique and helpful content on your blog and your readers could share your posts via social media sites like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, exposing your blog to a new audience. People not only enjoy reading good content; they also love to help others by sharing the knowledge.
Need an example of a great optical industry blog? Check out The Optical Vision Site at theopticalvisionsite.com. Not only will you be entertained and educated, you just may also be inspired!
Jessica Clark is an eight-year marketing veteran in the optical industry. She has led successful social media campaigns in line with overall marketing strategy for VisionWeb.
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org