|ALTA XLd TRACER|
|ALTA Zd EDGER|
Kevin D. Schmidt, OD, owner of Eyecare Plus in Antioch, TN, and other satellite locations, purchased Briot USA’s Alta Zd edger and Alta XLd centering/tracing unit. He chose this equipment based on his needs for the following:
- To add drill capability to his six offices
- A high-volume, heavy-production edger
- Fast production time
- To produce precision, wrap-style Rx sunwear
- Decrease dependence on outside labs while increasing in-house capabilities
- Eliminate lens slippage due to hydrophobic coatings
- Design and modification of lens shapes
Dr. Schmidt was impressed with the learning curve of the equipment-the initial training was accomplished in a day since the unit is basically a plug-and-produce edger. And after close to one year of maximum usage, Dr. Schmidt is very pleased with the system’s capabilities, speed, consistency, and space economy. The most valuable benefit, he says, is the elimination of hydrophobic-coated lens slippage. The speed of cut keeps his staff and patients happy. The only disappointment Dr. Schmidt has with the unit is that he doesn’t have enough jobs to test its 22 jobs-an-hour production rate!
The Briot Alta Zd/XLd edging system has upped Dr. Schmidt’s profits by saving time on job production, decreasing the number of remakes, and having additional features like drill mounts and wraps that are billable. The system was significantly less expensive than competitive models, and he didn’t have to give up any features and actually gained a few upgrades.
|ALTA Zd EDGER
• Integrated drilling function: countersunk holes, notches, blind or open oblong holes
Steven Warfield is a lab technician and freelance writer based in Harrisburg, PA.
Briot USA • 800-292-7468 • briotusa.com